4-H Feeding Missouri
4-H Feeding Missouri statewide food drive — Feb. 1–28, 2019
This coming February 2019, Missouri 4-H is partnering with Feeding Missouri in a first-of-its-kind statewide food drive! Every 4-H club in the state is invited to contribute to its success.
Feeding Missouri is a coalition of our state’s six major food banks that work to provide hunger relief to every county in the state and the St. Louis City through a coordinated network of more than 1,500 community-based feeding programs.
From February 1-28, 4-Hers across Missouri will engage in a friendly service competition to see which clubs can contribute the greatest amount of food, cash contributions and volunteer hours. You’ll have an opportunity to organize and/or participate in food drives, fundraising, volunteerism and outreach to educate themselves and their communities about hunger and food insecurity.
Starting Nov. 1, you’ll find links below to resources to help you plan a successful drive:
- Overview, timeline & instructions, including:
- Info on how to collect and track pounds of food, volunteer hours, monetary donations
- Drop-off food bank and pantry locations in your area
- Friendly competition details
- General info on how to run a successful food drive
- Volunteer and educational outreach ideas and options
- Hunger and food insecurity educational materials and resources
- For 4-H staff
- For community/school volunteer outreach presentations
- Promotional fliers
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Alison Copeland, Missouri 4-H interim director, at email@example.com.