Youth Civic Leaders Summit
- Teams are made up of teens ages 14-18 and adults (staff, volunteers, parents, or leaders) who want to build a strong team to plan and carry out a community project by the end of 2018.
- Teams may represent a local club, council, school, community betterment group, afterschool program, countywide group, or organization. Youth must be ages of 14-18 before Jan. 1, 2018 to participate.
- Teams have a minimum of 3 members (1 adult, 2 youth) and a maximum of 10 members (2 adults, 8 youth). Counties can register more than one team (4-H, MCB, etc.).
- Adults serve as team leaders and chaperones (ages 21 & older) for youth from their county/community. (Adults ages 19-20 may register as assistants to team leaders, but will not chaperone youth).
- One adult chaperone registration is discounted for the first 20 teams to register ($100.00 value). Contact event organizers to request a "first adult discount" registration for your team.
- Registration is open until Feb. 1, 2018. Local 4-H and MCB coordinators can use the Team Planning Form to track team registrations.
- Youth and adults register on their own, after contacting their County Extension Office (4-H), MCB Group (MCB), or other Coordinating Group.
Windermere Conference Center is a world-class camp and conference center, 15 minutes south of Camdenton off Hwy. 54, in the heart of Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks region. The conference center is home base for YCLS.
Registration fee is $160 per person. Includes Friday/Saturday night lodging, Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast, t-shirts, materials, recreation (except EDGE challenge course) and all weekend activities. EDGE challenge course participants add $25.
Lodging for YCLS includes deluxe accommodation rooms with 5 beds/1 bath -- youth with youth, adults with adults. Roommate preferences may be made at registration. All rooming arrangements are made prior to the event, and are final. Families do not need to contact Windermere to reserve rooms.
What to Bring
Dress code for the weekend is casual. Summiteers will receive a packing list, dress code, school absence request letter, code of conduct, and chaperone information at least two weeks prior to the event.
Team check-in is Friday, March 2, from 3:00-5:00 p.m. Teams should plan to arrive by 5 p.m. for check-in, team photo, and dinner at 5:30 p.m. A required meeting for all adult chaperones will be from 6:15-7:00 p.m. Opening assembly is Friday 7:30 p.m. and last assembly finishes at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday.
The Summit planning team is committed to making the event accessible to all participants, as much as is possible. If a youth or adult has a special need, please communicate this at the time of registration.
Refund and Cancelation or Substitution Policy
If a cancelation/refund is requested, contact the conference organizers immediately. Refunds for cancelations will only be made until Feb 2.
If a substitution is requested, contact the conference organizers immediately. Counties may request male-for-male or female-for-female substitutions no later than Feb 16, for the same roommates and program selections as the original registrant.
Registration - Sherry Grace, firstname.lastname@example.org, 573-882-9360
Conference/4-H contact - Steve Henness, email@example.com, 573-884-6618
Conference/MCB contact - Teresa Keller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 660-383-1034