Recognition and leadership
The Missouri 4-H Foundation recognizes the work of 4-H friends and volunteers, through annual recognition and awards programs.
Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame
Individuals who have created exceptional legacies of service and dedication to 4-H are recognized and honored with membership in the Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame induction ceremony is held annually during the Missouri State Fair. Each inductee (or their surviving family members, if awarded posthumously) is recognized and presented with a plaque. Families and friends of the inductees are invited to attend the ceremony and reception.
- The Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame is the lifetime volunteer service award. Individual nominees must have at least 20 years of volunteer service.
- Only county 4-H councils may nominate inductees for their contributions to the lives of 4-H members and the overall 4-H program.
- The Missouri 4-H Foundation may nominate at-large inductees.
- Current staff members are not eligible for this award.
- Retired or deceased MU Extension 4-H Youth faculty or staff, who volunteered at least 20 years, are eligible.
For further information, please contact Kristen Heitkamp at HeitkampK@umsystem.edu or call the Missouri 4-H Foundation office at 573-882-2680.