Shooting Sports events
4-H Western Heritage and Cowboy Action Shooting Volunteer Training
April 22 – 24, 2016
Polk Co. Fairgrounds, Bolivar, Mo.
Attendees must be present for entire workshop:
Friday, 9:30 a.m. — Check in
10: a.m. — Program begins
Sunday, 5 p.m. — Program concludes
Registration deadline: April 15
Registration will be via 4HOnline. If you do not have a 4HOnline profile, you will need to make one. Profile creation is found on the same page as login.
New programs must send a team of volunteers to this workshop. Counties with current Western Heritage program may submit one or more volunteers to this workshop.
Missouri will be hosting the national 4-H Western Heritage and Invitational Cowboy Shoot, August 1-4, 2016. A state “warm up” event will take place on the 3rd day of the leader training, Sunday, April 24. This is the “state” event for Western Heritage and will be the practicum for the new volunteer leaders.
Minimum requirements for new programs:
- Team of three to five volunteers attend the entire workshop and commit to the project.
- At least two volunteers must be 4-H certified in a firearm discipline: Rifle, Pistol or Shotgun. (Hunting Skills, Coordinator, Archery, Muzzleloading do not count.)
- Volunteers without firearm certification can assist in a variety ways and are encouraged to attend the training. Those with historical and living history interests are strongly encouraged.
- All must be currently approved as a Missouri 4-H volunteer.
- Must have ongoing active county Shooting Sports program. (To qualify as an active county, have three or more certified volunteers, have two or more disciplines, participate in state shoot participation, and have been an active program for three years or more.)
This is not mounted cowboy shooting; no horses allowed! We do not anticipate it ever being a mounted shooting program.
$60 — Fee covers the cost of curriculum, selected resources, noon meals and ammunition used.
Lodging and meals
Lodging is not included as part of the workshop. Each student is responsible for securing and paying for their own lodging. Three meals are provided; Saturday evening meal will be on your own.