Show-Me 4-H Wares
How to apply
4-H members ages 11-18 can apply as a Biz Individual, Biz Buddies, or a Biz Team. (Youth ages 8-10 can assist an older member).
Applications will include:
- A description and photo of the product or service
- A letter of recommendation from an unrelated adult
- Approval of the 4-H youth specialist or YPA for the county
- $20 youth exhibitor registration fee, payable to University of Missouri
- A sample business card, brochure, or promotional materials (optional)
Applications are due between May 1-July 1. Each participant or member of a group must register separately for Show Me 4-H Wares in 4HOnline. One lead youth from a Biz Buddies or Biz Team group should complete the entire application and pay registration fee on behalf of the group.
Youth exhibitors will be selected to sell during priority 2017 Missouri State Fair dates first (Aug. 10, 12, 13, 14, 17, and 19). Additional dates and time slots, Aug. 10-20, may be opened as priority dates fill up. Applicants request their preferred selling dates/time slots at the time of application.
Selected youth will be notified by July 15. Show Me 4-H Wares exhibitors will be expected to participate in a conference call on Aug. 3.
Youth application and detailed instructions will be on 4HOnline in March 2017.
See the Missouri State Fair site for more information about the fair!