Show-Me 4-H Wares
How to apply
At the Show Me 4-H Wares exhibition, members gain experience at starting and running a small business by showcasing and selling their 4-H projects to the public!
- Youth sales space built in to MU Extension booth in the Mizzou Central Building
- High-traffic sales area with other commercial vendors (air-conditioned)
- Various days and time slots available during the fair
- Lunch, ice cream coupon, t-shirt, gate admission, and parking included
Youth exhibitors are part of a larger showcase of how the University of Missouri supports the development of youth, families, agriculture, businesses, and communities.
4-H members ages 11-18 can apply as a Biz Individual, Biz Buddies, or a Biz Team. (Youth ages 8-10 can assist an older member).
Applications will include:
- A description and photo of the product or service
- A letter of recommendation from an unrelated adult
- Approval of the 4-H youth specialist or YPA for the county
- $20 youth exhibitor registration fee, payable to University of Missouri
- A sample business card, brochure, or promotional materials (optional)
Applications will be reviewed beginning July 1. Registration will remain open until August 1 or until all slots are filled. Each participant or member of a group must register separately for Show Me 4-H Wares in 4HOnline. One lead youth from a Biz Buddies or Biz Team group should complete the entire application and pay registration fee on behalf of the group.
Youth exhibitors will be selected to sell during priority 2018 Missouri State Fair dates first (check back starting March 2018). Additional dates and time slots, Aug. 9-19, may be opened as priority dates fill up. Applicants request their preferred selling dates/time slots at the time of application.
Selected youth will be notified by July 15. Show Me 4-H Wares exhibitors will be expected to participate in a conference call.
Youth application and detailed instructions are on 4HOnline.
See the Missouri State Fair site for more information about the fair!